Physical and psychological abuse is becoming an increasing evil practice in our society. With many cases being unaccounted, individual in sour relationships experience physical and sexual injuries and mental torture by their near and dear once. Hence it is very important to get out of these unpleasant relationships at the earliest and get the culprit punished. Alternatively, there can be certain situations where to take advantage of a stringent legal framework for financial or social gains; people falsely raise acquisition against an innocent person. To get yourself out from such complex situations get in touch with domestic violence lawyers. To get the list of best and expert family dispute lawyer in the country, you can visit www.lawyers.findlaw.com
In certain extreme cases, these malpractices can take the shape of criminal intentions which can threaten the safety of the individual. Hence timely resolution of such disputes is very important. Legally domestic violence is defined as an act of serious assault (physical, sexual or mental) against a family person specifically spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend or in certain cases other members of the family.
Type of offence covered under the domestic violence law is:
1. Physical assault or injury
2. Sexual assault against the will of the partner or offense against children -minors
3. Kidnapping or restricting a person through confinement
4. Emotional abuse like verbal threats, trespassing, and harassment over the phone
5. Family-related offenses like deserting or disowning the children, refuse to pay for the necessities of the family.
6. Financial insecurity like theft, forgery, fraud in family property or business.
Domestic violence expert attorneys can be approached for fighting the case from either side, the plaintiff who has undergone the impact of violence and also by those who have been accused of the charges and want to prove their innocence. Importance of hiring a lawyer:
• Can help the victim to get a restraining order which legally prohibits the accuser to come close to the victim and their dear ones.
• Helps in filing the lawsuit to get the compensation for all the financial expenses, medical cost, and justice for all the abuse and stress undergone.
• In case, the accused is the spouse of the victim, helps to arrange for the formalities of divorce to ensure the safety as well as ensuring the extraction of the marital property share.
• Files the legal suit to get the custody of the children from the other parent.
• In certain cases, when false complaints are charged with an intention to get a financial gain, domestic violence attorneys can help the prospective accused to prove their innocence.
• Protects the right of the parties involved. Being accused, cannot necessarily take away all rights of the person. Your lawyer will ensure that there is no violation of the rights.
Although, there are other nonprofit organizations, NGO, which also work for the welfare and fight for justice for the victims of domestic violence, in order to win the legal fight, expert legal support is needed which can be offered by these specialized professional law firms. It is important to see the portfolio, past cases, and testimonies of the people who have hired them before so that you ensure your best chance of winning the case in the civil court.